If you are currently considering your child's options for Kindergarten please read these Frequently Asked Questions before reaching your decision:
1) Is attendance at Kindergarten compulsory: No
2) Does this includes Kindergartens attached to schools and other Government/Community run Kindergartens: Yes
3) What is the first compulsory year of attendance at a School here in Western Australia: Pre-Primary
4) How old does my child have to be to attend Pre-primary: 5 years old by 30 June 2016
5) What is the Kindergarten curriculum: The Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines draw on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
Source: Curriculum in WA K-10, Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines, Curriculum & Assessment Outline
6) What curriculum does Little Learners EDEC) use: Our curriculum guidelines draw on the same Early Years Learning Framework and is applied throughout all of our rooms – Babies, Toddlers & Kindergarten.
7) Does Little Learners EDEC have a Kindergarten Teacher: Yes, we have a Permanent Full Time Early Childhood Teacher (ECT).
8) How does Little Learners EDEC ensure that the Early Years Learning Framework is applied throughout the Centre: We have a permanent full time Educational Leader who ensures all of our Educators complete their daily, weekly and monthly programming in line with the curriculum and Early Years Learning Framework. In addition to this, every month the Educators are trained in the EYLF & Curriculum by a consultant onsite at the premises.
9) Can attendance at Government run Kindergartens be confusing: Yes, Kindergartens apply confusing 2-3 full or half day nights with varying drop off and pick up hours and are not open during school holidays. Making it extremely difficult for working parents to pick up and drop off their children and find alternative care.
10) Is there an alternative: Yes, we run a full time Kindergarten program throughout all rooms using exactly the same curriculum, five days a week (except public holidays), 12 hours a day, 52 weeks a year. In addition to the curriculum we also have our extra-curricular program lead by specialist in-house educators that are able to teach your child the following skills: Linguistics (Spanish, Japanese, Sinhalese & Indonesian), Yoga & Mediation, Sports, Noongar Culture, Numeracy & Literacy, Sustainability and Sign Language (Auslan).