Spanish: Numeracy & Literacy
The Spanish language was first introduced at Little Learners in 2015 as part of our foreign language curriculum.
The Spanish program uses an ‘Entertainment Immersion Method’, where children can develop their vocabulary while learning basic concepts needed for kindergarten.
This term the lessons will flow in a logical progression of thematic units such as numbers and colours along with the recognition of shapes, vowels and the alphabet.
This program includes art activities, story telling, songs, dance, games, visual aids, puppets and pretend play – as we know children learn best by playing and having fun.
Learning Spanish is a rewarding experience providing the children with a wider world view as they learn about another culture and learn to speak a foreign language.
- 2.0 Respond to diversity with respect.
- 2.2 children create and use representation to organise, record and communicate mathematical ideas and concepts.
- 2.3 Make predictions and generalisations about their daily activities, aspects of the natural world and environments using patterns they generate or identify and communicate these using mathematical language.
- 2.6 children contribute constructively to mathematical discussions and arguments.
- 2.7 Actively use, engage, with and share the enjoyment of language.
- 4.4.7 Children transfer knowledge from one setting to another.
- 5.2.1 Children listen and respond to sounds and patterns in speech, and stories.
- 5.2.2 View and listen to printed, visual and multimedia text and respond with relevant gestures, actions or comments.
- Duration 20 mins per class
- Activities Foreign Language
- Class Sizes 20
- Years Old All Ages
- Available Seats 20