AUSLAN Sign Language: Finger signing
During Term 1 the children used their hands and fingers to sign everyday words and animals.
During term 2 the children will be extending their sign language by finger signing their names and learn to sign the Auslan Alphabet.
I will be using various media sources such as songs, music, ICT Media and written texts to help the children learn and remember the signs.
The children really enjoy learning new signs and they will each get a copy of the Auslan Finger Spelling Alphabet to take home.
- 1.2.1 Be open to new challenges.
- 5.1.6 Attend and give cultural cues that they are listening to and understanding what is said to them.
- 5.2.2 View and listen to printed, visual and multimedia texts and respond with relevant gestures, actions, comments and or questions.
- 5.2.7 Actively use, engage with or share the enjoyment of language through texts in a range of ways
- 5.3.3 Use the creative arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, drama, movement, music and storytelling to express ideas and make meaning
- Duration 20 mins per class
- Activities Languages
- Class Sizes 20
- Years Old All Ages
- Available Seats 20